Aha !

Wandering through the maze of new technologies on the web , I occasionally can shout AHA ! in a moment of understanding !

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Wiki ! Friend or foe !

Just reading through wiki stuff (eg articles on their reliability and uses) has made me much less cynical about their value. To be honest, I have used them when working with students in a school environment in the past..particularly when a simple summary is needed.

Interesting to read comments on their accuracy. I usually communicate that they do have their uses.. it depends on the kind of info you need...whether accuracy is very important (eg medical facts , statistics etc).

The idea of being able to share information is fantastic...collaborative works ! Maybe it's time for me to open the family tree wiki I have been given links to ages ago !

Interesting questions raised also about the value of info contained..and lack of academic scholarship. Hmm really does break open ideas of ownership of information !

Library wiki is useful..would have been useful for me in the past in a community library context where I was searching for ways of organizing that particular collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment